I cannot even begin to express how much I have enjoyed getting to know Jessica and Chris. They’re the kind of people that you meet and feel like you’ve known your entire life. We had such a blast during their engagement session at the church they would be married in, and on the University of Lincoln campus.
Their wedding day could not have been more perfect. What I love the most about these two is that they are fierce in their commitment to God, their family, and each other. All three were evident by being a forefront of everything they did. They didn’t “just plan a wedding”…they planned a commitment and a celebration for that commitment, and it was divine in every way possible.
Fun Fact: The POPE HIMSELF blessed their marriage. Like…he REALLY blessed their marriage…with a plaque and everything. If that tells you anything about how incredible these two are together…
Some favorite moments of the day:
- I can still hear Jessica’s dad gasp when he saw her for the first time. She literally took his breath away. It was the most precious thing.
- Watching how proud both Chris and Jessica’s parents were of them. I loved catching glances of them staring at their children, all grown up, choosing to love each other and love each other well. As I get older and my own son grows up from the mere age of 8, I appreciate those little moments so much more than I ever could have known. And it’s all from watching families and couples like these.
- Chris’ groomsmen being an INCREDIBLE support system. They weren’t just a bunch of dudes being ridiculous in a tux on a Saturday. They were brothers and rocks for him.
- Jessica being surrounded in prayer. Talk about powerful.
- Chris and Jessica praying together before the ceremony without seeing each other. It was emotional and gave me goosebumps. I love that they chose to share that special moment together.
- Jessica’s dads dance moves are incredible and brought the entire guest list to the dance floor…thanks to the MOST AMAZING DJ Joe Cruz. (Hire him.)
Jessica and Chris – Thank you so much for having me be a part of your day. I cannot even tell you how full my heart is. I can’t wait to see how your life grows together and what fun things you’re up to next! XOXOXO
Church: Newman Center | St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church – Lincoln, Nebraska
Reception: Lincoln Station Great Hall
DJ: DJ Joe Cruz - Again, soooo good!
Flowers: iBloom - Stunning as always!
Videographer: Amory Films – We LOVED, LOVED, LOVED working with these guys!