I couldn’t have picked a better way to start our 2014 wedding season. Honestly. Claire and Jacob are the sweetest couple, as mentioned in their previous blog post of engagement photos. Jacob is a Nebraska boy living in North Carolina and Claire has been living here…they’ve spent a lot of their relationship together, apart. During their engagement session I asked them how they do it…and they said “lots of Skype dinner dates”…and what that means, is that they literally, each go to dinner in their separate states, and Skype, while having dinner. I love everything about this. I think it’s sweet, quirky, and awesome in every way. What I loved the most about their engagement session, is that I could FEEL how excited they were to be together…not just because it had been months since they’d seen each other, but they genuinely enjoy everything about each other. It was absolutely the same at their gorgeous winter wedding. Nothing else in the room mattered, but how much they loved each other. Claire postponed putting on her wedding dress just so should could write in the “100 days of love” book that she was giving Jacob. That was important to her…not just getting married and going through the motions of a wedding, but it was important for her love to be felt, and it truly was. And if you could have SEEN Jacob look at Claire the entire wedding…wow…was the sweetest thing.
Not only were Claire and Jacob awesome, but their family and friends were SO nice, and so genuine, supportive, funny, and loving. Truly the kindest people.
Random favorite moments that stick out in my mind:
- Jacob’s dad driving them from our COLD outdoor photos to the reception, and honking the entire way. :) I’m STILL giggling about this…
- Jacob carrying all of the ladies across the snow so they wouldn’t get their shoes wet.
- Claire’s sisters putting on her grandmother’s earrings for her.
- Claire’s father getting choked up during his speech, because the house would be quiet now.
- And my favorite moment of them all…When the entire reception raised the lights, stopped the dancing, and got on their hands and knees so everyone could look for their niece/flower girls first LOST TOOTH! I love these people.
Claire and Jacob, CONGRATULATIONS! Enjoy your big life together…I know you will.