Danny and Kenzie are SO happy-go-lucky. I met them last year after photographing their friends Lydia and Trent’s wedding and I’m SO happy I got to hang with this crew again. They have the absolute SWEETEST families and most devout friends that it’s hard to not feel like you’ve known them all forever.
I’ve decided that the hottest days of the year, are all of my weddings in Sioux City. Without question. Danny and Kenzie’s day was no exception. They braved the heat and had the best time celebrating with everyone. They had a beautiful ceremony at Sunnybrook Community Church officiated by their friend Lydia’s dad. He always does such a great job, and I genuinely enjoy listening to him deliver the Word during a wedding.
Some of my favorite moments of the day:
- Kenzie’s mom couldn’t decide which shoes to wear with her dress…so she brought ALL the shoes. It was so funny! She just kept pulling black shoes out of her bag like she was doing a magic trick.
- Everything coming to a halt when the grandparents arrived, and everyone loving on them, and the grandparents loving on each other.
- Kenzie and her dad sharing an emotional moment just before they walked down the aisle.
- The party bus…all the bottles. ALLLL the bottles. And the ‘chant’ for the photographer. Always a photographers favorite moment of the day. ;)
- Danny’s sweet dance moves during the first dance. That fish hook tho!
They were DANCING MACHINES at Bev’s on the River…kicking the night off off by “choreographing” their first dance in their living room a few nights prior. There was not an open spot on the floor and it was a blast to watch everyone break it down all night long.
Kenzie and Danny…I had SO MUCH FUN at your wedding. You guys beam happiness and you’ve got a pretty amazing support system in your friends and family. You are lucky, amazing people, and I’m so honored to have been a part of your day. I wish you a big and adventurous life!